Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Debra M Stein has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Her bedside manner is absolutely terrible. Our daughter was fairly small when she was born(6lbs, 10oz) and at six weeks she had started to creep up to the 50% for weight. Dr stein told us we were feeding her too much and that kids that graze end up obese as adults. We listened to her stupid advice at six weeks and ending battling to get our daughters weight up. I've literally talked to five other people at least who have gone to hyde park peds and no one has a positive experience with her.
I take my son to Hyde park pediatrics and I love them. I usually go to Dr. Ng and he is amazing so when Dr. Stein was on call I expected the same outstanding care I usually receive and I couldn t have been more wrong. I ve talked to her twice and she is very condescending. She acts like its a bother to talk to you. I didn t feel comfortable asking her anymore questions because every question I asked she acted as though i should know or it was a silly question. It was so bad that when I hung up with her I called back to speak with a nurse to get her help with my questions. I never write reviews but I was really bothered by this doctor and shocked how she could be a children s doctor. The rest of the office is great but do not recommend this doctor!
23 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1995
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Debra M Stein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Debra M Stein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay Shore, NY.