Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer
Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Joliet, IL and Chicago, IL (and 2 other locations). She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. Weese-Mayer is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center and Children's Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer has the following 1 specialty
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer has the following 9 expertise
- Autonomic Nervous System Diseases
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Hirschsprung Disease
- Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects
- Respiration Disorders
- Rett Syndrome
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Weese-Mayer is a phenomenal physician. She has helped my child and saved his life more than once! We are so thankful for her and encourage anyone who has a child or loved one affected with CCHS to go see her!
Dr. Weese-Mayer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rush University Medical Center
Children's Memorial Hospital
35 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1978
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer in this video.
Dr. Debra Weese-Mayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.