Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deepak K Mittal has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Deepak K Mittal has the following 10 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
Dr. Deepak K Mittal has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Doctor's could find why I was loosing blood. Dr. Mittal found that my kidney was not making the Red blood cell. Which show my anemia. Now he cares for me. Then I had a family Doctor give me genic which shut my kidneys down. Doctor Mittal tell me that once the drug moved out of the Liver and kidneys they show come back. He put me on dialysis to clean the blood and I had a diet I had to do if I want this to work. I am now off dialysis was only on it for 3 months. Doing everything that I was told.
This doctor should have his license removed!! He changes my medicine for my kidneys & doesn't follow up with me! It's been 3 weeks & he still has not gotten back with me about my meds that make me pee every 15 minutes!! His staff is unprofessional, they are always out to lunch or on a break everytime I call. I've called several times a day, everyday for 3 weeks! When I was there for my appointment, he took a phone call in the middle of my appt. & walked out of the room! He didn't even remember what he was doing with my meds. If I die, my family will have the Biggest lawsuit against this jerk of a doctor!! What kind of an oath did he take???
26 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1992
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Deepak K Mittal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDeepak Mittal Md, 47 Cavalier Blvd, Florence, KY
Dr. Deepak K Mittal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, KY.