Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Delia Delgado has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Delia Delgado has the following 15 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Sexual Disorders
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. Delia Delgado has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Delia Delgado is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
The visit started out pretty well. She was nice, but kept referring to my partner with the wrong pronouns (she is visibly female, but spoke to me as if my partner were male). She tried to perform the exam, but the speculum gave me a lot of pain. I told her that I'd always had difficulty with inserting tampons without pain, but she ignored my questions and concerns. She then told me that I must be having pain "because I've been abused". I've never been sexually abused before. Nothing even close to it. I would be honest if I had been, because I understand that doctors sometimes need to know about these issues, especially if they're OB/GYNs. But I told her "I don't think that's it, I've never been abused that way." She kept pressing it. She kept saying "please think about it". My partner and I left in confusion. I was very embarrassed. I don't know why a doctor would assume that I've been abused- it's not entirely uncommon for this exam to cause pain, and there are many reasons why that may happen. I kept trying to ask "maybe it could be vaginismus, maybe an infection, maybe a prolapse, maybe an anatomical problem" and for some reason she denied everything! It was ridiculous and very unprofessional. Why you would want to make a young girl believe she was abused for no discernible reason, I don't know. It was ultimately a humiliating experience. I felt that I was not listened to, and possibly discriminated against.
I was sent to see dr Delgato to have a check up I was recieved quickly But after the visit i got no response unit I had to call Again I could only leave a message and the nurse would get back to me in 24 hours. Then they asked me to come in for extra test which i did but that was over a week ago and still no getting back to me with results If I call I have to leve a message cause the nurse is ALWAYS busy with a patiant and will get back to me in 24 hours The Dr might be okay but she has lost any touch with the patiant She relies on her staff and their attatude is bringing her down. You are only as good as the people around you. I am going to switch to the diagnostic clinic at least they get back to you
27 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Delia Delgado accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsA Place For Women, 10011 Seminole Blvd, Seminole, FL
Dr. Delia Delgado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seminole, FL.