Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Demoyle Howell
Dr. Demoyle Howell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Howell is affiliated with College Hospital Costa Mesa, South Coast Global Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Demoyle Howell has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I may have caught Dr Howell on a bad day, but I did not have a positive experience with him as my assigned anesthesiologist for an elective procedure. He showed up to my bedside the day of the procedure and was curt. He appeared annoyed that I was asking so many questions about his role and the medications he would be using etc. I was asking questions when the nurse gave me meds administered by Dr Howell who again was curt with responses & the nurse told me to just take the medication & both were rushing me to do so. Later I found out that once a patient takes the medication that's when Anasthesiologists can start charging for their service. I woke up once after being Put under, but otherwise have no recollection of his work(which is a good thing). The biggest concern I have was with a bill I received after the procedure. Dr Moyle claimed he worked with me 15 minutes longer than he did. We had proof of this, but felt if he was that desperate for some extra $ he can have it. When I called his office the lady on the other line was so rude. She wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. Figured the only way to warn others about my situation is to write my reviews so others are aware. Please make sure you watch the time or have your loved ones pay attention when you go under Anasthesiologists and when you wake up as that's what doctors use to charge. In my case the surgeon was out talking to my family member because I was fully awake when Dr Howell claimed I was still under. Just saying.. Be careful.
Dr. Howell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Demoyle Howell accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNewport Beach Surgery Center, 361 Hospital Rd Ste 124, Newport Beach, CA
Dr. Demoyle Howell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.