Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Dennis J Buchanan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Dennis J Buchanan has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
Dr. Dennis J Buchanan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Dennis J Buchanan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
This man saved my life 5 years ago when I was 14 years old, after not having a period for 6 months my mom brought me in to see him. He instantly found my problem, which was Hyperthyroidism due to an autoimmune condition called Graves' Disease. I know I scared him that day, but he remained professional and did everything in his power to make sure that I was going to be ok. He probably spent a good hour trying to get a hold of endocrinologists down at CHOC hospital. It turned out that I was actually going into a life threatening complication of this disease, so he sent me to the emergency room down there. The next morning he even called my mom to see how I was doing, and when she said that I might not get into the doctor he called and within 10 minutes the specialist's office called and asked if we could come in that day. If it weren't for him catching it that day and taking loads of time to try to get me into an endocrinologist, I honestly can say I probably wouldn't be here today. I recently just saw him again for the first time for another reason ,and he remembered me. He is still the most caring compassionate doctor ever, I would highly recommend him.
I had Dr. Buchanan as my obgyn for my 2nd pregnancy. He was seemed to rush the appointment and always was giving quick answers. The disssapointing experience I had with him was that right after he delivered my son, he dashed right out of the delivery room. He also did not ask my husband if he wanted to cut the baby's chord. Like I said, he was always in a dash.
This doctor is fantastic but extremey busy. He will answer any question you have, but is difficult to schedule.His staff was so rude the last time I was in, I switched doctors. The staff is only concerned with the numbers game and to get all their forms signed. Forget that the name on the sheet is an actual person.The office manager is almost impossible and not the right person in my opinion for this wonderful doctor,
Dr. B was a nice man and knew his stuff. I never felt that he spent much time or took a personal interest in me or my pregnancy. My hubby and I actually timed a visit one time at 90 seconds - no kidding. I felt safe in his care, but largely ignored. Also, the wait times at his office could be horrid. If you want to in and out quickly, this is your doc.
My wife and me had our pregnancy supervised and baby girl delivered by Dr. Buchanan and I basically have only praises for him. Of course, not all is perfect but he does stand out from the crowd. One advice for his prospective patients is have all your questions written down before the visit. He doesn't spend more than 5 minutes per visit unless you have questions for him to answer. By no means a bad thing, simply maximimum effectiveness. When you ask him he will always answer in great detail, so just be prepared to ask. The office has somewhat weird financial policies, but this is life.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Buchanan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1979
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Dennis J Buchanan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMedical Center For Women, 1950 Sunny Crest Dr Ste 2800, Fullerton, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dennis J Buchanan, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Fullerton, CA, in this video.
Dr. Dennis J Buchanan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fullerton, CA.