Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dennis A Cortes has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 56
I have been a patient to Dr Cortes for 1 year 3 months. My dad goes to him and my mom before she passed .I heard so much great things. What a great professional md he is. Well I'm so blessed. He has helped me with my health and my weight plan ..He is a well educated Dr and take the time to talk to you about your health and what you need to be healthy ..staff all very nice. Clean place. And I totally recommend him ..thank you Dr cortes
I was a patient for years. I am a diabetic & use testerone.After losing my job couldn't get an affordable alternative don't even know if office passed info to dr, had to go w/o which causes its own problems ,was even denied my metformin script, diabetic med , while I was uninsured by OFFICE MANAGER got script after asking to hear from dr, never did , but got script from hiss assistant don't even believe dr knew ..Don't put your health in the hands of the office manager!! Sorry I am gone.last one
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2016, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cortes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1988
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Dennis A Cortes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDennis A Cortes Md, 12600 Pembroke Rd Ste 206, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dennis A Cortes in this video.
Dr. Dennis A Cortes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.