The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dennis Hurwitz
Dr. Dennis Hurwitz, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Plastic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Hurwitz is affiliated with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC and UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside. He speaks English.
Dr. Dennis Hurwitz has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Bedsores (Pressure Ulcer)
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Cleft Lip
- Cleft Palate
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 98
I just had a face lift and I tell you it was done with precision. I will recommend this doctor to everyone. I wish I had my tummy tuck by him. Wonderful attitude all the way around. 5 stars...
I was unhappy with my post-pregnancy body. The cost and recovery time were completely worth how good I feel about my new body! My experience with Dr. Hurwitz was even better than I could have ever imagined. I felt well-cared for and am thrilled with my results. I would recommend Dr. Hurwitz to anyone and only wish I would had these procedures sooner!
Not only is Dr. Hurwitz a fabulous surgeon - he is and 'artist'. My body contouring performed by him is truly remarkable. The surgery was very easy and recovery was quick. I cannot express how happy I am with my 'new body'! I definitely would recommend Dr. Hurwitz to anyone contemplating surgery. He and his entire staff are extremely kind and caring! Thank you!
Dr. Hurwitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Magee Womens Hospital
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
UPMC South Side
Childrens Hosp Of Pittsburgh Of Upmc
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Magee Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pa
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
UPMC Mercy South Side Surgery Center
UPMC Children's Surgery Centers
43 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1970
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Dennis Hurwitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHurwitz Center for Plastic Surgery, 3109 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Dennis Hurwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.