More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Derik J Geist has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Derik J Geist has the following 3 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 1 of 3
NOT happy with Dr. Geist. After waiting an hour in the waiting room, I overheard another patient complain he'd been waiting almost TWO HOURS for Dr. Geist. When I heard this, I inquired about the length of time I'd have to continue waiting. The receptionist went back and asked the doctor. He told her it would be another half hour. I assumed the doctor's answer was nonsense (If one patient had been waiting 2 hours, how could the doctor possibly think he was going to fit TWO patients in in the next half hour? Obviously, the doctor was BSing simply to keep us happy). I told the receptionist I wasn't willing to wait for a doctor who showed little respect for his patient's time. There're just too many other doctor's out there who'll treat you better than someone like this. I demanded my money back and left.
11 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSTEADMEN HAWKINS CLINIC OF CARO, 200 Patewood Dr Ste C100, Greenville, SC
Dr. Derik J Geist is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.