More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Desiree L Evans has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Desiree L Evans has the following 6 expertise
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Desiree L Evans is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Desiree Evans is a wonderful pediatrician. She has been my son's pediatrician for 5 years and has always shown how much she cares. At every appointment always wants to know how everything is going on, and never rushes you or make you feel like she is in a hurry. Always ask if you have any concerns or questions and is willing to assist you. My son and I we just lover Dr. Evans so much have never had a pediatrician that is so thorough as she is. She is the best.
Dr Evans and this office came highly recommended. My daughter is now 7 weeks and I am extremely disappointed not only in Dr Evans but the staff as well.Each time I call I get the answering service because the office is "closed" Today my daughter was sick, I called at 8, 9, 10, each hour on the dot etc... I left 3 messages for the on call doctor to call me back as did my husband. Neither of us ever received a call. When I explained this to the answering service the patched me in through the back line...the nurse picked up but did not talk to me instead was discussing my call to another nurse and the hung up on me.My daughter is 7 weeks old, does not have any shots and is showing signs of a cold. I'm sorry but there is no excuse.This is just the most recent incident, I could go on and on...but I simply don't have the time. I suggest you find another office and another doctor.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
19 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Desiree L Evans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Desiree L Evans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.