Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dexter E Arrington has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Preventive Medicine
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I was able to get in to see Dr. Arrington with short notice. He was nice, and my exam was completed within a short amount of time. I have a serious issue with his nurse. She called me several days after my visit in the middle of my workday to inform that a blood test came back positive for genital herpes. She didn't even ask if it was a good time to talk. I was in the middle of my office suite, surrounded by people, on my cell phone. I excused myself from coworkers, stepped into a conference room and said that I had never exhibited symptoms, this was never flagged in any of my previous annual gyno exams, was there any way we could repeat the test, or take a different test to confirm the diagnosis. She insisted that I had herpes, that I didn't need a second test, and that I needed to come in to talk to Dr. Arrington and begin suppressive medication immediately. I again said that I've never exhibited any herpes symptoms so why would a lifetime of suppresive medication be necessary, and that I would like to take a second test. She insisted that a second test was not necessary, that I was making this into a bigger deal than it needed to be, that I need to make a follow up appointment with Dr. Arrington, and I could ask him all of my questions during that appointment. I'm glad I kept my wits about me, stood my ground, and made an appointment with another doctor, took a second more sensitive test which I had to pay out of pocket for to confirm without a doubt that I do not have herpes. Guess what, that second test came back NEGATIVE for genital herpes. My sexual/reproductive health is a big deal to me. To have a nurse dismiss my shock and tell me a second test wasn't necessary blew my mind. Someone needs to work on their bedside manner. I wonder how many other women have gotten a similar phone call in the middle of their workday, but didn't have the thought to ask for a second test? How many women are popping Valtrex for the rest of their lives for no reason? How many relationships have been ruined with a misdiagnosis?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Wayne State University
Dr. Dexter E Arrington accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dexter E Arrington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olympia Fields, IL.