Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan has the following 8 expertise
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Back Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Stenosis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 4 of 19
Back To Living Life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan - Posted on October 6th, 2017
Dr. Ananthakrishnan did my scoliosis surgery in November, 2016. I was in severe pain and could barely walk. Now I am almost pain-free, walking straight, back to doing fun things and my depression is gone. It's a tough surgery but she and her staff support you every step of the way. I am so grateful I found her and her staff. They gave me my life back. So thanks!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan - Posted on February 17th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan - Posted on October 21st, 2013
My care under her direction as well as the anterior cervical fusion was outstanding with a more rapid recovery than I had anticipated. Her team at the clinic as well as the hospital was responsive to my needs. Her P.A. was thoughtful and through. Her nurse was as efficient and kind as the P. A. My surgical result exceeded my expectations.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan - Posted on March 17th, 2013
Dr. Ananthakrishnan is a miracle worker! Her entire staff is wonderful, and I have nothing but positive things to say about my surgical experience and ongoing recovery. There has been virtually no wait time for appointments at the Emory Spine Center. The quality of care at Emory University Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital throughout two surgical procedures was beyond description....just superb care!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
22 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEMORY ORTHOPAEDICS AND SPINE CENTER, 59 Executive Park South NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine in Atlanta, GA, in this video.
Dr. Dheera Ananthakrishnan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.