Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Diane J Prager
Dr. Diane J Prager, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peoria, IL, with another office in Galesburg, IL. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Prager is affiliated with Osf St Francis Medical Center and Osf St Mary Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Diane J Prager has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 28
SHE IS A VERY COLD PERSON AND HAS A VERY NARROW INTELLECT. I WAS TERRIBLY BURDENED HAVING HER AS MY MOTHERS ONCOLOGIST. SHE WASN'T JUST A COLD PERSON, SHE TRULY LACKED THE ABILITY TO EXPRESS EMPATHY IN ANY FORM. SHE IS NOT AT ALL KNOWLEDGEABLE OUTSIDE OF HER SCOPE. I DON'T BELIEVE SHE CAN HELP IT, IT IS JUST WHO SHE IS.
From the 1at time I saw dr Prager, she was rude and somewhat intimidating. We had a lot of questions after my cancer diagnosis about medication; my husband had questions as well. She was very irritated that we did not have an answer to take the medication immediately. When I called to complain, the nurse told me I took too much time and that put her schedule behind! Seriously?! I had waited an hr to see her and I was fine with that, but I needed my questions answered. I think sometimes certain doctors forget that each patient is an individual and has individual needs AND though they deal with many cancer patients every day, most cancer patients have never had cancer and cannot blindly take meds unless they understand everything.
Dr. Prager is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Diane J Prager accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Diane J Prager is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Peoria, IL.