Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dirk De Brito has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Dirk De Brito has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Dirk De Brito is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 60
I now know what narcisissm means = Debrito. He made me feel like a dart board! I am prescribing medication we're like throwing darts at the dartboard trying to hit the bullseye. I don't think you need a degree from a prestigious school to be able to do that. And to think that I was referred to and from Huntington Memorial Hospital. If it wasn't for my insurance plan I wouldn't have to be forced to see the provider like him. He nearly knocked out earlier with his cocktail of pills he prescribe me over and over and over. Don't be a guinea pig like iOS go see somebody that shows some compassion at least.
Im not sure if Dr de Brito is naturally this hyper, and has a short fuse or speaks a mile a minute and very scattered with poor bedside manners. I get more anxios after my sessions with him and panic attacks before my appointments. After 3 sessions i was done. I really think HE needs major help himself. Be aware and save yourself some money & agony. Peace out.
I saw Debrito a few years ago to help understand if my issue is ADD or something else. He kept me waiting over an hour for our first visit, talked more about the book he was writing than why I was there, and within 10 minutes had decided that I had "classic ADHD" and that I should go on Vyvanse immediately. He is arrogant and condescending and his meager staff is overworked. I saw 2 other, much more experienced shrinks after him and both were more attentive. After spending over an hour with me, neither of them concluded that I was ADHD.
- Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Dirk De Brito accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dirk De Brito is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.