Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Don L Garcia has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Don L Garcia has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Family Planning
Dr. Don L Garcia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
This doctor has Vonage phones and they don't have an IT person who knows how to properly configure their phones and automated attendant. You can never reach them to make an appointment or to get medical necessity taken care of. The phone system answers then hangs up on you after 9 rings while waiting on hold. That's if the phone system ever answers at all. I had major bypass surgery and haven't been able to reach them for over two weeks. My incisions ripped open and I need wound management and can't get through to get the orders done. By the time I reach them I'm likely going to lose my leg from infection. I'm bed ridden and can't get help from my PCP. There are several bad reviews all related to their phone system. Good luck finding a good fax number I've sent my surgeons orders to them via the only fax I can find. Apparently they don't read their faxes unless you can get them on the phone to say you sent a fax. I like the doctor. I just need them to fix their phone issue and this would be a different review.
Overall the office in Anaheim is not professional!! Dr Garcia is an absolute great Dr, one whom I have felt very comfortable with on my first visit. I have been there twice and have met the PA second visit. I have no problems with either Dr Garcia or PA, they are both wonderful but its sad to see that they don't have a great professional staff to back them up!! Everytime I call, I am put on hold (which isn't a problem) then they pick up and automatically hang up!! I have literally called 6x's in a row each time I have ever called and experienced that. The staff is not helpful in anyway. I really wish he would have a better staff that he really deserves. Out of all the girls there, there is only two girls that are professional. can't remember their names but one wears the black and white letter jacket and other only works on Saturdays. all the other girls should do something about their professionalism!!! Their making Dr Garcia's office look bad!!!! But all in all if Dr Garcia didn't have that staff I would've stayed with that office.
Had an appointment and when I arrived at the Clinic, the Receptionist, Jessica, asks for my Insurance Card and verifies information with the Insurance Company. All conversation could be heard and she specifically asked about the copayment and was told that there was no copayment. She calls me and explains that the office has a new policy that we must charge everyone $50 no matter what kind of insurance one has and provides me with a phone number to a manager saying sorry she can't do anything about it. Called the Manager 'Rose' and spoke to her about the copayment and she started asking the same questions that the Receptionist had asked my Insurance. Explained to her about my prior visits and had never been through this process. She was outright rude and said that I had other options and could make a choice of a different doctor. Did not expect this from a Manager. She wasn't prepared to take the blame that someone was not comprehending the insurance policy right. It is a pity we have people who have such customer service. I have been to this clinic many times and have had great experience with the doctor but the staff definitely needs to step up a great deal. So sorry that I have to put in such remarks. The doctors at the Clinic are GREAT but the same cannot be said about the office staff.
I have had about five appointments at Dr Garcia's office and never met him once. Each time, I was seen by the PA, who the staff calls Tim. Tim has great bedside manners and is personable, however, you can tell he lacks a little bit of experience since he hasn't been practicing for too long. The reception area is completely chaotic and understaffed. You barely have a chance to ask the front desk any questions since there is only one person working and she is picking up back to back phone calls and the staff is very high strung. The office accepts walk ins which makes your wait time longer as they try to squeeze in these patient. The decor of the waiting area is absolutely horrid and pretty much run down. There are only six chairs to sit in... I would not recommend this place.
Dr. Garcia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of California At San Francisco School Of Dentistry
Graduated in 1981
Valley Medical Center
Dr. Don L Garcia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsClinica Medical, 896 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
Dr. Don L Garcia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anaheim, CA.