Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donald Snider
Dr. Donald Snider, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anaheim, CA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology, Psychiatry and Internal Medicine. Dr. Snider is affiliated with Garfield Medical Center, Beverly Hospital and Valley Presbyterian Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Donald Snider has the following 3 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I met Dr. Snider at the worst time of my life! He gave me a plan when I didn't know where I was going with this disease. I didn't start with confidence but our doctor patient journey grew greatly through the years. He was my first string of defense medically. And when he retired, the loss was profound. He promised that we would miss him as long as it took to get the next doctor. LOL he was wrong. He and my other MS friend we still miss him I keep thinking he's coming back.
Dr. Snider might have been a quality MD at one time. Now, he no longer cares or enjoys practicing medicine anymore. He seems uninterested in patients, apathetic as a diagnostician, and sadly - just plain tired of his profession in general. Time to bow out gracefully Dr. Snider. You've made your lack of desire clear to your patients, your staff and colleagues.
I was referred to Dr. Snider by the ER Dept. It took one month for the appointment. He must be very busy but I sure don't know why. He was difficult to work with and had an attitude that it was my fault. He wouldn't read the ER report or anything I had written as a new patient. He insisted that I "tell my story." I should preface this review that I was in terrible nerve pain and retelling my "story" was difficult. He was contensious and never gave me my diagnosis. I found out by reading my paperwork upside down when I was checking out of his office. Would not recommend him, nor would I every go back to his office again.
Dr. Snider is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Garfield Medical Center
Valley Presbyterian Hospital
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Western Medical Center - Anaheim
Western Medical Center - Santa Ana
Los Alamitos Medical Center
Chapman Medical Center
Garden Grove Hospital and Medical Center
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center-Laguna Hills
Wmc Santa Ana
Saddleback Memorial Laguna Hills
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Med Center
Ahmc Anaheim Regional Med Center LP
44 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Donald Snider accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1211 W La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donald Snider in this video.
Dr. Donald Snider is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anaheim, CA.