Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donna A Walker
Dr. Donna A Walker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA, with other offices in Bossier City, LA and Natchitoches, LA . She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Walker is affiliated with LSU Medical Health Sciences Center. Dr. Walker has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Donna A Walker has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Interventional Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 10
I was referred to Dr Walker for low wbcs found on testing for infection. I had seen my primary doctor for fever and was felt to have a viral syndrome and saw Dr W who diagnosed me with Coxackie virus as cause of low wbc and inflammation of my heart. A friend of mine was sick at same time and despite being seen by several big MDs at several hospitals in Houston was not diagnosed. Only when I told her about my Coxsackie virus was the diagnosis made on my friend at Methodist Hospital.
would give an excellent rating..
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Walker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1989
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Donna A Walker accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donna A Walker in this video.
Dr. Donna A Walker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.