Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dorothy C Serna has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I went in for a physical and never saw Dr Serna only the Physicians Assistant. The assistant never even examined me. No blood work was taken. Nothing just talk on my previous prescriptions, what vitamins I was currently taking. I asked about having blood drawn and she said only yearly. If she had reviewed the paperwork I brought in she would have known it was over a year. Will never go back. Total waste of time.
I tried to make an appointment and the receptionist kept putting me hold...about 10 times. She kept asking me if I was a new patient, which I am and the name of my insurance each time. Finally, she said someone would call me back and wanted my name and phone number. Nobody called me back. What kind of medical practice is this. What a joke!
I have tried multiple times to make an appointment with Dr. Serna. The scheduling person is rude, difficult, and appears to be there to prevent you from making an appointment, not to make appointments. I get told to "leave your name and phone number and I'll check with the doctor." She refuses to schedule a new patient appointment. No one ever calls back. What's the point of having a medical practice and claiming to see new patients if you actually are only turning patients away? And why have someone so rude answering your telephone? I can only assume that her orders come from the doctors. Which doesn't seem particularly "caring". Or good medicine. When are doctors going to wake up and realize that we're living in a world where they provide a service and customer service IS important?
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
24 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Dorothy C Serna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDorothy Cohen Serna Md, 21216 Northwest Fwy Ste 460, Cypress, TX
Dr. Dorothy C Serna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cypress, TX.