Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas A Lee has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Lactose Intolerance
- Hepatitis C
- Hiatal Hernia
- Colorectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 35
After several years of being followed by Dr Lee I am looking for a new physician. Following a procedure I was in excruciating pain and after several phone calls was unable to get a hold of his nurse . Finally my general practitioner was able to prescribe me with the correct medication for my diagnosis and discontinue the meds Dr. Lee prescribed. I month later and I am still rehabilitating from the procedure. If you can't get a hold of the doctor or nurse when there is a complication what good are they?
First appointment took almost a month just to talk to him. Next step was to have some testing done, they said his next available appointment would be in 2 months,Meanwhile I suffered. Turned out he was on vacation. All my test came back great, but still had and have the pain. He tried to give me some medication....that didn't do anything. Now I'm too the point where am in serious trouble, everything I eat causes me problems, like a form of autoimmune disease. Been calling for days, nurses just say he isn't here but we will get back to you when he gets back to us. This is the first gastro doctor I have ever been too, but based on my experience, LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Dr. Lee is a very caring Dr. who gives you the attention you need if you let him know you have questions. He can appear to be in a hurry but any time I have had questions he sat down and took time to explain everything I asked . I have recommended him to at least 5 friends and they all have loved him!
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Douglas A Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSw Center Gastroenterlgy, 9921 Southwest Hwy, Oak Lawn, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas A Lee in this video.
Dr. Douglas A Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Lawn, IL.