Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas McIntyre
Dr. Douglas McIntyre, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. McIntyre is affiliated with Seton Medical Center, St Davids Medical Center and St. David's Georgetown Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas McIntyre has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been going to Dr. Mc for about 5 years now after being referred to by a friend. He delivered my first daughter. During labor I had some pretty major complications that could have ended badly for me. I am so thankful that I had Dr. Mc. He is very experienced and calm during emergency situations. He is the BEST. I just found out that he is retiring this year. I am very excited for him, but also extremely sad to lose such a great doctor!
I initially went to him because of all the great reviews I saw online and I see exactly why he was rated so highly.This is my first experience going to a doctor's office where I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. It was a speedy visit, but he still took his time with me and explained what was going on with me thoroughly. He's sooooo nice and calm and I hope to keep him as my doctor as long as possible. He's about 65 now so I'm just hoping he doesn't retire anytime soon.
I have been going to Dr McIntyre for over 15 years. He has a wealth of knowledge and expertise but it is really his bedside manner that I admire the most. He treats me as if I am the most important patient he has had all day--and it is not that sticky sweet kind of stuff. But genuine interest in delivering the very best care. Dr McIntyre practices at St. Davids Medical Center on 32nd Street-they are superb as well!!!!
Dr. McIntyre is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Seton Medical Center
St Davids Medical Center
St. David's Georgetown Hospital
St. David'S South Austin Medical Center
38 Years Experience
The University of Texas Southwestern
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Douglas McIntyre accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4201 Marathon Blvd, Austin, TX
Dr. Douglas McIntyre is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.