Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dwayne K Logan
Dr. Dwayne K Logan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntington Beach, CA, with other offices in San Pedro, CA and Long Beach, CA (and 2 other locations). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Logan is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, Mission Hospital Laguna Beach and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Dwayne K Logan has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Dwayne K Logan has the following 11 expertise
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Cataract Surgery
- Eye Exam
Dr. Dwayne K Logan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I am confused by the other complaints, I am sure they have their reasons . However, for almost 2 years I had water leaking from my right eye. It went on all day and I would constantly have to dab tissue at it when i was in meetings etc. Kaiser who is my health provider referred me to opthamalogists at least twice and i was told that it was dry eye and to put a compress on it it, and they even gave me a name for it and told me to buy liquid tears. When i asked about surgery they gave the impression it probably would not help. I decided to look outside of Kaiser and got the referral for Dr Logan. I visited his office was treated nicely by his staff seen by the doctor and the appointment to correct was scheduled a week or two later. He did the minor surgery if you can even call it surgery in his office, and the worst of it was the injection into my eyeball. However, he said give it about 2 weeks and that has been well over a year. My eyes have not leaked since. I must say however, when a doctor has multiple locations it is possible to lose some control of the staff since staff are probably serving more than one doctor and people just get lazy. But i can only speak for myself, i paid out of pocket and he offered to write down for me what Kaiser should do so that I did not have to go outside of my insurance. However, I chose to let him do the work and have never regretted it.
This doctor would not see my dad after my dad repeatedly complained about his eyesight and eye pain! My dad just went in since his eye hurt so much and it had been weeks and weeks of getting blown off! Turns out my dad has ADVANCED Glaucoma in one eye and has lost some sight in it thanks to this IDIOT not seeing my dad when the pain and pressure started months earlier! He than got a schedule date for Glaucoma surgery and it was postponed due to the anesthesiologist not liking my dad's heart rate. The cardiologist gave the green light for surgery and this idiot STILL won't get my dad in for surgery after two months. In the mean time my dad is losing his eyesight. We are looking for another eye doctor and also looking into legal advise. I HAVE never seen a doctor disregard a patients health SO BADLY!!! If you have ever seen the Spring Street office you can see this guy way overbooks people and treats his patients like cattle! DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR IF YOU VALUE YOUR EYE CARE AND EYESIGHT. This guy is a total nightmare!
Making this appointment was the hardest part of this visit and such was not difficult at all. Dr. Logan, paid extreme attention to detail. I had a surgical procedure done on my right cornea which was done to correct my disabled vision out of that eye which was completely blurry at best. The day after the procedure I was able to see clearly to out it plainly. I have seenDr. Logan several times and am so eased with his expertise and professionalism. I would most certainly recommend him to all with eye problems etc. two thumbs up from me Doc!
Dr. Logan told me that Medicare would not cover the surgery required. I changed doctors and was immediately given the surgery - paid for by Medicare. His incorrect diagnosis caused a delay of almost a year.
Dr. Logan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Dwayne K Logan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dwayne K Logan in this video.
Dr. Dwayne K Logan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.