Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward J Busick Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edward J Busick Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Edward J Busick Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward J Busick Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
The doctor is good, knowledgeable and make trustworthy diagnose and suggestion, very patient, although my only comment for the doctor is that as my primary care doctor, I wish he would be a bit more personal. I mean, it's a good thing that he can explain conditions clearly to the patient in a simple way, but as a Ph. D. in Neuroscience, he really doesn't need to explain those neuroendocrinology basics to me in the same way as he would explain to some not very well educated patients (didn't mean any discrimination at all, but just personalized way of interaction) However, his scheduling assistant is really hard to work with. She yells at me easily, and always ignores what I'm trying to say but simply believe she's all right. Also for example, when I need my primary care to schedule an examination requested by other physician, somehow there's always a mismatch between what the requesting physician told me and what she's trying to schedule (has happened for both location and task to be examined), while she simply says "I'm just scheduling what was sent to me in the request", and I have to be the coordinator to call different offices back and forth and to make sure everyone is on the same page, while she's the scheduling person and supposedly more familiar with the different exam tasks than the patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Edward J Busick Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEdward James Busick Jr Md, 20 Hope Ave Ste 211, Waltham, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Edward J Busick Jr in this video.
Dr. Edward J Busick Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waltham, MA.