Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward F Caruso has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I was again WAS patient of Dr. Caruso until he left the Phillipsburg area a few years ago. Went to another provider but when learned he was back in Bloomsbury changed back to Dr. Caruso as he does have a great deal of knowledge and did help me through a difficult time in my life. However, due to an unfortunate turn of events, I chose to leave this time. Looses information and records. If you have insurance, find out from your insurance provider if he is in-network and what rate he agreed to with the insurance carrier!
I am the person to whom these comments have been written. I am not an internist as the info on top says. Patients generally get the full time allotted for each appointment and when on time that is 15 minutes for followup and 30 minutes for new patients. I take insurance so I have to make money in volume and work long, hard hours to do that. Many psychiatrists who actually do not care as much about patients do not take insurance and charge patients much higher fees than insurance companies pay. These doctors spend more time with each client but will charge 2-3 x what an insurance company will pay and the patient will pay the full cost. I work in many different situations and facilities: assisted living, nursing homes, office practice in bridgewater and hospital setting and have a wealth of experience and can impart that knowledge in practice, but I do have to get information in each session, so may redirect at times because patients can't really have "therapy" in 15 minute sessions. I am board certified in general and geriatric psychiatry and have a lot of experience in adolescent psychiatry, as well as management (medical director, chief of psychiatry, APN collaboration).
Dr. Caruso is very knowledgabe about the needs of a patient with mental illness. He is very caring, and he shows a genuine interest in your well-being. If I leave a message on his voicemai, he always returns the call, and promptly. He has called me several times regarding prescriptions and a personal matter. I highly recommend Dr. Caruso.
Dr. Caruso is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Edward F Caruso accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEdward Francis Caruso Md, 960 State Route 173, Bloomsbury, NJ
Dr. Edward F Caruso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomsbury, NJ.