Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Edward E Evans has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I had the displeasure of having Dr. Evans help me deliver and, after now working with several other OBs in Rexburg and outside of Idaho, he is the worst that I have ever dealt with. He is practicing with completely outdated information and the entire delivery experience seemed to be based on Dr. Evans being in a rush. He unsuccessfully used a vaccuum extractor, tried to convince me to abandon pushing and go for a C-section (I eventually did push the baby out in a normal vaginal delivery), used a constantly condescending tone when speaking with me, unnecessarily performed an episiotomy, and just left me feeling like I was doing something wrong because things were not going as quickly as he had hoped. I understand that it must be very stressful to practice as an OB, but none of the others that I have visited, including others in his office, seemed to act with the same apathy that Dr. Evans showed each time I met with him. I know Rexburg is a small town, but if you have the chance to deliver with someone else, I would strongly encourage it.
I felt completely violated at my appointment. I went in to have a very simple IUD check up. I wanted my strings checked on. A very simple 2 minute meeting. In that time he questioned my status in the LDS church, made remarks about "why would you need birth control if you shouldn't be having sexual relations." and other phrases. It was several years ago. Since then I've grow up. As a shy 18 year old I didn't realize how horrible he was being. I wish I had stood up for myself and called him out on his shaming, inappropriate questioning.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Edward E Evans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health Connexus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMadison Womens Clinic, 15 Madison Professional Park, Rexburg, ID
Dr. Edward E Evans is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Rexburg, ID.