Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Edward S Hanzelik has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Edward S Hanzelik has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Weight Loss
Dr. Edward S Hanzelik has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Edward S Hanzelik is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Front Office seems to be over-worked and has begun missing important details and meeting insurance company additional information. Some systems are antiquated. Example, check out how the medical assistant is tethered to a wired head-set upon exiting. Hey doc's, why don't you spring for a modern wireless headset for this lady? You might actually get more productivity and avoid a neck workers comp.
Dr. Hanzelik is like no other. He has compassion and understands where the patient is coming from. He takes his time and listens. He cares about your health and well being. If prescribes regular medication but also refers me to take vitamins and minerals. His doctoring method is on the alternative way. If there were more doctors like Dr. Hanzelik the world would be much better off. Call his office now to make an appointment.
DR. HANZELIK IS A MARVELOUS DOCTOR. HE TAKES HIS TIME WHEN HE ENTERS THE ROOM AND NEVER RUSHES TO GET THE APPOINTMENT OVER WITH. HIS NURSE JANE IS ALSO A LIFE SAVER. IF YOU CALL THE OFFICE AND LEAVE A MESSAGE SHE WILL CALL YOU BACK WITHIN A HOUR. HIS RUNS HIS STAFF AND STYLE LIKE AN OLD FASHION DOCTORS OFFICE. HE REALLY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. SO DO THE STAFF. HE STILL TAKES ALL INSURANCE. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DOCTORS OVER THE YEARS, I WOULD RATE HIM A 10 OUT OF 10.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hanzelik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Edward S Hanzelik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHanzelik Horton And Daya Medical Corp, 1240 S Westlake Blvd Ste 231, Westlake Village, CA
Dr. Edward S Hanzelik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake Village, CA.