Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eli S Chesen has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Chesen is a thorough investigator. He asked questions for over an hour and gave me a diagnosis which time and research and experience have confirmed. My depression and propensity to medicate with alcohol have diminished and are beginning to disappear. What a miracle. He identified a mood disorder and his suggested treatments have my mood going from bleak depression to partly sunny to mostly sunny on most days, and I have hope that with continued treatment I'll get many warm sunshiny days--so much better than the dark nuclear-fall-out days I've had for two years.
I was evaluated by this Dr. for a workman's comp case. Hired by the insurance company to do an assessment of my mental health following a severe back injury that was not getting better despite 3 surgeries. He is a paid assassin for insurance companies. His report was totally skewed, inaccurate, and not truthful. he manipulates facts to make the patient look bad. he has no regard for what damage he causes to families when he gives his "opinion" about people. He claimed there was no medical evidence I my case to support why I wasn't getting better and I would not get better until my case reached a settlement. when in fact at the time of his interview with me I had a huge herniation to my disk again and required a fourth surgery. he spent a total of maybe 90 minutes with me, never making eye contact and tapping away on his computer. This guy is a total clown!!
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
49 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Dr. Eli S Chesen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPsychiatric Associates Of Lincoln Pc, 1919 S 40th St Ste 320, Lincoln, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eli S Chesen in this video.
Dr. Eli S Chesen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln, NE.