Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ella L Toombs has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Ella L Toombs has the following 12 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
Dr. Ella L Toombs has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Toombs is a wonderful dermatologist and incredibly knowledgeable. She takes the time to listen to my concerns, explain the issue and the medication(s) prescribed. I am able to ask any questions I may have and I never feel like she is in a rush. Most importantly, her diagnosis is accurate and the products she suggests or prescribes have been effective. What I greatly appreciate about Dr. Toombs is how personable and connected she is to her patients. I would definitely recommend Dr. Toombs to anyone in need of a dermatologist!
I started with Dr. Toombs in 1994. She has treated my for acne, DPN removal, and hair loss. She is excellent and I have referred several other freinds and coworkers to her that feel the same. i actually saw 3 other dermatologist before I was referred to her, they were terrible, so for me, i could not image going any where else. Her professional knowledge and experience is well known and appreciated. She brings a wealth of experience to her prescribed treatment. She has taught me how to care for my skin and hair which was missing with the past dermatiologist. If you have a real interest in learning about your skin and how to care for it going forward, your time would be well invested by paying her a visit!!
I was a long-time patient despite some of her oddities (for example, patients had to wear shoe covers during their visit to protect her floors). I grew to trust her judgment regarding my skincare for the most part. Until she treated me for DPNs (did not spot test first). I returned to show her the marks it left behind, and she strongly asserted that they were not DPNs. She suggested a biopsy of an area. However, given that she just appeared to have treated something that she now said never was, I was not about to let her cut anything. I did not return. Years later, the marks remain.
Howard University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsElla L Toombs Md, 1612 18th St NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ella L Toombs in this video.
Dr. Ella L Toombs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.