- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ellen B Hunter
Dr. Ellen B Hunter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boise, ID, with another office in Boise, ID. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hunter is affiliated with St Alphonsus Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Ellen B Hunter has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ellen B Hunter has the following 12 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen B Hunter - Posted on October 30th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen B Hunter - Posted on August 22nd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen B Hunter - Posted on October 12th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ellen B Hunter - Posted on August 12th, 2015
Dr. Hunter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Ellen B Hunter
Dr. Hunter received her medical degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and completed an internal medicine residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. She went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for her gastroenterology fellowship. From 1989 to 2000 she was on faculty as an assistant professor of medicine and surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center where she participated in clinical research studies. She joined IGA in 2001. Her area of interest is liver disease including viral hepatitis and liver transplantation. She enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ellen B Hunter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boise, ID.