Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elliott N Schwartz
Dr. Elliott N Schwartz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orinda, CA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Elliott N Schwartz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I was followed by Dr. Schwartz for over 10 years for osteoporosis. He was always very meticulous, knowledgable and professional. He made sure I understood all aspects of my condition and what I could do to help myself. Dr. Schwartz is on the cutting edge of osteoporosis evaluation and treatment. He helped me to regain bone density when all of my previous doctors had no clue as to what to do to stop my steady and continuous bone loss. Because he spends so much time with each patient he sometimes runs behind on his appointment schedule, so you have to wait. Regardless of the wait, I always appreciated the fact that Dr. S. made me feel that I am the most important patient in the world when he was with me.
Dr. Schwartz is wonderful, extremely knowledgeable. Patty, his wife, runs the office and creates a chill in the space. Not particularly approachable. So, reluctantly I must move on after years. And his office does not take Blue Cross/Blue Shield..visit is too expensive. God, I wish he would hire outside the family. She is gatekeeper for him but the chilliness is painful. Asking questions always feels like an imposition. But I like his brain very much!
Dr. Schwartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
New York University
Dr. Elliott N Schwartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsElliott Nathan Schwartz Md, 50 Vashell Way, Orinda, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elliott N Schwartz in this video.
Dr. Elliott N Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orinda, CA.