Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Emilia P Liao has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 20
I was so excited to finally see an endocrinologist for the thyroid disease that runs in my family and is starting to seriously affect me. Unfortunately I guess I came to the wrong doctor. Dr. Liao was dismissive, claimed my test results were "completely normal" although her own friend, a fellow physician, claims they were not. She ignored my severe familial history of hypothyroidism, my clear and obvious symptoms, and wrote me off as a person "looking for drugs to lose weight". I'm so offended and heartbroken at how long I waited for such an offensive and devastating appointment, aka waste of time. She is not qualified to be treating people, and her bedside manner is horrific. I would not recommend her to my worst enemy!
I have gone to Dr. Liao for a few years now and liked her from the very beginning. I find her to be prompt, informative, patient and spends sufficient time with you. She explans everything, gives you time to ask questions freely with discussion if necessary. I have never felt rushed. She has been excellent with doctor-patient communication via email as well which I have not found with any other doctor I have at BIMC.
She does not listen she is only concerned about getting you out of the office fast so she can move on to her next patient.She is also very rude and critical by saying you eat too much or you don't exercise enough. No compassion and does not follow up if you have a problem.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
20 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Emilia P Liao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwell Health Fertility At Lenox Hill, 110 E 59th St Fl 10D, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Emilia P Liao in this video.
Dr. Emilia P Liao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.