Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric W Baum has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 72
I've been going to Dr. Baum for 5 years now, and I have found him to be an excellent dermatologist. It's easy to get an appointment, and if it's an emergency they always get me in the same day I call. The in-office wait times are short, staff is friendly, my insurance billing is always handled correctly, and Dr. Baum himself seems very competent. His "bedside manner" is a little brusque, but then I'm not there to chit-chat. I have full confidence in Dr. Baum.
Dr. Baum seems to know what he is doing when it comes to certain things. He had me try Accutane in my late teens for my face and it worked. However, I went last year to have a mole removed off of my hand and I was left with an even worse scar. When I went to have my stiches taken out he was in such a hurry that I ended up pulling them out when I got home because he didn't take the time to look to make sure they were all gone. Now that the wound is healed my scar is bigger and darker than the mole ever was.
Dr entered in a hurry, asked what I needed. Kept interrupting when I tried to explain my needs. Would not look at my list of printed concerns. Criticized me for not listing medical allergies on my printed form. He made me feel like a I was in line at a fast-food restaurant with a long impatient line of customers behind me.
40 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1978
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Eric W Baum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Center, 101 Cherry St, Gadsden, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric W Baum in this video.
Dr. Eric W Baum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gadsden, AL.