Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hakan E Wahlstrom has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Hakan E Wahlstrom has the following 6 expertise
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Vascular Disease
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Transplantation
Dr. Hakan E Wahlstrom has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hakan E Wahlstrom is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I have worked as a nurse for over twenty years, In that time there are three doctors that I trust with my own life. Dr Wahlstrom is one of these doctors. He is extremely professional, has a great bedside manner and he really cares. His infection control practices are impressive. I have seen other doctors go in and out of patients rooms and never even wash their hands. Dr Wahlstrom never skipped a step of wearing the mask, gown and gloves when he visited my family members room. His clinical judgement is amazing. I have been to many office visits and he is always in a bright and positive mood. If I was in need of his expertise I would not hesitate to let him operate on me. HE IS THE BEST IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!
IF DR.W DIDN'T STEP UP AND TAKE MY VERY COMPLICATED,NOT POSSIBLE, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN CASE. (THOSE WORDS WERE ACCORDING TO DR'S AT, LOMA LINDA HOSPITA,UCLA HARBOR AND UCLA MED CENTER W. HOLLYWOOD)I WOULD NOT B HERE WRITING THIS TODAY. I MET HIM IN SPRING 2005 WHEN I WAS VERY CLOSE TO DEATH. TODAY, I HAVE A GREAT WORKING KIDNEY THAT HE SPENT MORE THAN 12 HRS IN SURGERY TRANSPLANTING.IF U WANT A BETTER CHANCEAT A LONG LIFE I SUGGEST U MAKE AN APPT. AND VISIT DR.W
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Hakan E Wahlstrom accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsH Erik Wahlstrom Md, 4500 Brockton Ave Ste 306, Riverside, CA
Dr. Hakan E Wahlstrom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, CA.