Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Evan F Duffy
Dr. Evan F Duffy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mesa, AZ. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Duffy is affiliated with Maricopa Medical Center. Dr. Duffy has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Evan F Duffy has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Duffy goes out of his way to make sure that the clients entire experience is pleasant and productive. He takes the time to consider all symptoms and takes them seriously. His medical knowledge is tremendous. He has been able to manage my complicated regimen better than any other I've tried in his field. I get results that are positive, and that is what is most important.
I tried to have my son seen. I called Dr. Duffy's office since it was on my insurance. It took me forever to find someone to take an appointment, and they were extremely rude and indifferent. It turns out he works in a resident teaching practice. Now, I have been treated at teaching hospitals before, but I have never been treated this badly by the staff. If this is the first impression, I hate to have to have anyone there handle anyone I care for. I found a different doctor fast.
Dr. Duffy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Maricopa Medical Center
Dr. Evan F Duffy accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesert Vista Behavioral Health Center, 570 W Brown Rd, Mesa, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evan F Duffy in this video.
Dr. Evan F Duffy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.