Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Evelyn E Cardenas
Dr. Evelyn E Cardenas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thousand Oaks, CA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Cardenas is affiliated with Los Robles Hospital, Clovis Community Medical Center and Valley Childrens Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Evelyn E Cardenas has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Went to the ER a few days after surgery because of swelling and an allergic reaction. I was told by my insurance to go to the ER and she said it was inappropriate for me to be there after another Dr.'s surgery. I explained that my Dr. Is about 30 miles away and I can not drive due to epilepsy. She had the nerve to say "you don't have friends or family that can take you? You can not call a cab?" So rude. Don't make me feel like a bad person for wanting to take care of myself. I had a staph infection from a previous surgery and did not want that to be happening again. Worst ER Dr. ever.
Great ER MD, very professional yet caring. My husband was seen by her at Los Robles ER. She answered my questions honestly and with compassion. And, although I was very upset, she treated me with dignity and respect. She accurately diagnosed my husband's problem and acted quickly to take the necessary measures to save his life.
Dr. Cardenas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Evelyn E Cardenas accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLos Robles Emergency Physicians Medical Group, 215 W Janss Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Evelyn E Cardenas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.