Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Faisal A Ahmed has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Faisal A Ahmed has the following 8 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child Psychiatry
Showing 5 of 19
The best doctor I've seen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faisal A Ahmed - Posted on February 2nd, 2016
I've seen Dr. Ahmed for over 9 years, the advice and correct medications he has provided has saved my life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faisal A Ahmed - Posted on February 13th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faisal A Ahmed - Posted on January 9th, 2015
Don't waste your time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faisal A Ahmed - Posted on August 29th, 2013
I too had a horrible experience with Dr. Ahmed. He did not have his facts correct about history or medication. I had to correct him several times. Extremely narcisisstic. He spent far more time talking about himself than talking about my son. Made assumptions without getting all the facts. He talked down to me throughout the entire appointment. I will definitely be taking my son elsewhere. What a complete waste of time.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Faisal A Ahmed - Posted on January 4th, 2011
From the start I felt that I was not being listened to & felt talked down to. He would ask a question and then cut me off with his own answer. Guess I wasnt answering quick enough. I am surprised if he would even remember my name if it wasnt in front of him, several visits I had to remind him of signifgant details of myself. The final straw was when he started crossing an etichal boundry of religious suggestions for treatment. Unfortuntly if you choose to change Dr.'s you cannot switch to another person in that facility. Seriously! A couple side notes, Reception is AWFUL & RUDE! Make sure you have them print your appointment for you to have proof of the time scheduled so you dont get charged for an appointment scheduled at a different time.I DO NOT feel that he has enough experience to work with adults.
Dr. Faisal A Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
More about Dr. Faisal A Ahmed
Provide a warm, passionate care to my patient and their family - make them comfortable with accessing and utilizing the healthcare I suggest for themselves and their loved ones.
Locations & DirectionsBROMENN MEDICAL GROUP, 403 W Virginia Ave, Normal, IL
Dr. Faisal A Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Normal, IL.