Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fawaz S Alhumaid
Dr. Fawaz S Alhumaid, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Alhumaid is affiliated with Adventist Medical Center. Dr. Alhumaid has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Fawaz S Alhumaid has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 5
I felt totally comfortable with Dr Alhumaid from my very first visit. He explained my condition in such detail but I was able to understand all of it. He is a very warm and caring human being. His entire team along with RN's & CNA's in the CVU say he is wonderful to work with. He gets high reviews from other doctors within Adventist also. I can't say enough about this doctor and I am glad my cardiologist referred me to him. We will be working together on my heart health for a few more months and I know he will get me in tip top shape!
I was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrilation (AFib) and was referred to Dr. Alhumaid. Medication helped but did not control my afib enough to eliminate the tiredness and low energy I felt whenever my heart went out of rhythm. Dr. Alhmaid performed an RF Ablation procedure on my heart which has eliminated my afib. I feel great. I am able to do everything I like and am able to perform all of my duties at work. Dr. Alhumiad and his team of wonderful technicians gave me my life back. He's great!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Alhumaid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Fawaz S Alhumaid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest Cardiovascular Institute, 10000 SE Main St Ste 60, Portland, OR
Dr. Fawaz S Alhumaid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.