Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Felix I Oviasu
Dr. Felix I Oviasu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Garden City, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Felix I Oviasu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Felix I Oviasu has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Exercise Stress Test
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Chest Pain
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Felix I Oviasu has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Felix I Oviasu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Oviasu is crass, insensitive, negligent and disrespectful. He took no interest in the concerns of the family, and was quite careless in his treatment decisions. Dr. Oviasu will treat you as a number and an ATM machine, not a person. Seek help elsewhere, I wouldn't let this guy near me or anyone else I know again.
He doesn't see his patient as human being. He just want to take money from you. He's being my doctor for over 10 years ,he never sent a greeting cards for any occasion, nothing for your birthday, Thanksgiving Christmas or New Year. He doesn't show any appreciation. When you want to talk to him about his bad manners ,he became very loud and arrogant.
40 Years Experience
University Of Lagos
Graduated in 1978
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Felix I Oviasu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGarden City Heart Center, 400 Garden City Plz Ste 303, Garden City, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Felix I Oviasu, MD in Garden City, NY, in this video.
Dr. Felix I Oviasu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Garden City, NY.