Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva
Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Da Silva is affiliated with Mercy Hospital of Folsom, Mercy General Hospital and Methodist Hospital of Sacramento. Dr. Da Silva has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Called over 12 times and left messages for the doctor to fill prescriptions or refer me to a specialist but never received a call back. Her message exchange company said the messages are sent directly to Dr. Da Silva and they noted that the messages were not opened or read. Very unprofessional and does not care about her patients. I would not recommend her as a primary physician. She appears to be incompetent and does not know anything about being a medical doctor.
Time for me to find a new doctor. Dr. Fernanda was good if you got lucky enough to get in to see her. I can never get a same day appointment with her. Most dr's would leave a few slots for same day aapts. I am always being sent to a PA. Really???? I have also called 3 times to get a referral for a mammogram, the notes the answering service (yes, you can no longer talk to anyone in the office!) had were that she was sent the message 3 times and has not responded. Is she soooo busy that she cant even have her referral person send me one in the mail?
After 2 weeks and 8 calls to her office, she never retunred a single call. My condition is chronic and painful and she does not take time to find out what is wrong or prescribe medication. Her only solution was to go to ER. When we went to ER, the ER doctor gave opioid and said see your primary physician for follow-up. Can't see the primary physician if she never returns calls or answers questions. Worse doctor every experienced. If I could put a 0 star, that is what she would receive.
We have been patients of Dr Da Silva for about 5 years. We were transferred to her office when our doctor retired. We have been so pleased with her that we would recommend her anytime. The wait times are very long but she is worth the wait. She takes time to listen and always ask how we have been feeling and always seems interested in what we have been doing. We feel so at ease with her and quite frankly all of the office stafff and the PA' S have been very good to us.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Da Silva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsRiver Bend Medical Associates, 7248 S Land Park Dr Ste 205, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Fernanda N Da Silva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.