Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Floyd L Culler III has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Floyd L Culler III has the following 7 expertise
- Growth Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Adrenal Insufficiency
Dr. Floyd L Culler III has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Brought my daughter in thinking we were going to see Dr. Prakasam, as he is who I made our appointment with. We were told we were to be seen by Dr. Culler. Dr. Culler seemed lost as to what to do when hearing my daughter's symptoms. He finally said that he was going to order some lab work. I asked if he was going to order this one test in particular and he said no, that he hadn't actually thought of it, but "yes, that's a good idea". WHAT?? He saw us for less than 15 mins--our bill was over $400 and the visit left us feeling empty. Our return visit, to go over the lab results and following up, left us feeling the same way. He had no suggestions, really didn't seem interested in my 16 yr old daughter's problem. I told him that our pediatrician also suggested a specialist in San Francisco. He said, great, come back and tell me what she suggested---NO, I don't think so at over $400 for a visit! If he was actually interested, he could have asked for the speciailist's phone # and make an inquiry himself. Oh--and did I mention, he never told me just how expensive these lab tests were? I recieved a bill for more than $1200 !!!!!! We will not be returning to this office.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Louisville Hospital
Dr. Floyd L Culler III accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsAzad Ahamed Sheikh Md, 5301 F St Ste 313, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Floyd L Culler III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.