Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fombe Ndiforchu has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Showing 5 of 15
My family found Dr. Ndiforchu unethical in that he tried to rush our child into surgery without adequate necessity. He himself agreed our child did not have an appendicitis but wanted to give her surgery as a "preventative" measure. We were appalled he would put a child through surgery without it being absolutely necessary. He also told us he had the OR set up for surgery "in 30 minutes" before we had even discussed it with him. We felt bullied, and that his concern was not for our child, but for getting another surgery/payment under his belt. We did not let him do the surgery, so we have no idea about his skills as a surgeon. Parents beware, get 2nd and 3rd opinions, and do not allow this doctor to bully you into operating on your child without absolute proof it's needed.
Dr. Fombe Ndiforchu operated on my son for an emergency appendectomy. He was recommended by all of the hospital staff we encountered. They told us that he worked on their own children. What most impressed me is that his practice is dedicated to children's surgery. He even performs surgery on premature babies. I have been told by medical personnel this is one of the most difficult areas of surgery. He met with us prior to the surgery and answered all of our questions. The surgery was able to be completed with laparoscopy which made the recovery time much shorter. I feel fortunate that we were able to have such a skilled surgeon and I feel indebted to him for his work on my son.
I highly recommend Dr. Ndiforchu! He was referred by our Ped GI after 3 tests proved surgery could help. Got an appt. in 10 days for my 2 sons. Very nice staff and he is cool, calm, thorough in his explanation of the surgery procedure to all 3 of us. My sons asked him a few questions, they were very comfortable leaving his office with pending surgery after his answers. His partners visited my sons during the hospital recovery, then we saw him for post follow-up at his office. He has the experience we were seeking for this surgery (fundoplication)and is top-notch! THE BEST!
office was very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Cancelled our surgery for our daughter TWICE with no consideration for the fact that we are professionals too and have to arrange for child care and time off work for this procedure. The office staff had no idea when the doctor was out of town or returning and cancelled our hospital appointment before contacting us. We are going to another doctor.
59 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1959
King Drew Medical Center
Dr. Fombe Ndiforchu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFombe Ndiforchu Inc, 454 E Carson Plaza Dr Ste 110, Carson, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fombe Ndiforchu in this video.
Dr. Fombe Ndiforchu is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Carson, CA.