Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis T West III
Dr. Francis T West III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gloucester, VA, with another office in Gloucester, VA. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. West is affiliated with Riverside Walter Reed Hospital. Dr. West has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis T West III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 59
Not only did the Dr not remember HE was the prescribing Dr for a MED we were discussing (and I was then taking), but his receptionist took it upon HERSELF to interject HER 'professional' opinion and prevent me from talking to the dDr via phone with a question, but she chose to share me private info with at least 2 other (and un-involved people).
I had asked for a physical and was charged for a 1st time visit. When I asked why i was charged over 200.00 they said i should have told the Dr. that i was there for a physical ( witch i did when he walked in and asked that are you here for today?) So it looks like I will be needed to find a new dr. in my town.
I was looking for a Dr. In Gloucester after leaving mine in Portsmouth. My sister goes to him so I went there. I have been very happy with him. He is a very concerned Dr. and always listens to all your concerns. I know I will receive great care from him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2013, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2013, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. West is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Francis T West III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Francis T West III in this video.
Dr. Francis T West III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gloucester, VA.