Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francoise Adan
Dr. Francoise Adan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beachwood, OH, with another office in Cleveland, OH. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Adan is affiliated with University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and UH Conneaut Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Francoise Adan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Francoise Adan has the following 12 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Francoise Adan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Approximately ten years ago, I saw you Dr. Adan. You cared for me at a time when I was in need of a wise professional. You helped me back on the road to recovery. I am pleased to say that my mental health has been very good since then. Of course, I continue to see a psychiatrist, unfortunately I have moved from the area or I would still be seeing you, Dr. Adan. Many blessings to you, such a gifted individual.
Dr. Adan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center
University Hospitals Case Medical Center
UH Conneaut Medical Center
Uh Richmond Medical Center
Southwest General Health Center
26 Years Experience
Universite Libre De Bruxelles
Graduated in 1987
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Francoise Adan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beachwood, OH.