Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank E Jordan has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Wounds and Injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
The team exemplifies what a pain management facility should...kindness, compassion, knowledge, proficiency, professionalism, and efficiency. I am a RN and also has suffered chronic pain for many years. Unfortunately ,have seen the ignorance, stigma, and apathy that is associated with treating chronic pain patients from many aspects. It a very tragic thing! When I went to comprehensive pain specialists, they were professional, kind, and compassionate, non judgmental.)along with all of the qualities I I listed above)I can not praise them enough! Another positive aspect is that they have many locations, so they are convenient. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Jordan or his staff! I will definitely recommend him to anyone that I know! I hope that many other pain management teams can follow their example in their approach!
This doctor is horrible. Before you come in the door and he has read your medical records he makes you feel like you are a drug seeker. He has a horrible atttitude and a very negative outlook. Why did this person become a doctor i do not understand. AVIOD THIS DOCTOR HE IS TERRIBLE HE NEEDS THE BE RATED -4 STARS.
Dr. Jordan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Frank E Jordan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFrank Edwin Jordan Md, 160 W University Pkwy Ste C, Jackson, TN
Dr. Frank E Jordan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, TN.