Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frank C Koranda
Dr. Frank C Koranda, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Overland Park, KS, with another office in Overland Park, KS. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology and Otolaryngology. Dr. Koranda is affiliated with Shawnee Mission Medical Center. Dr. Koranda has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Frank C Koranda has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Diseases
- Baldness (Alopecia)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Actinic Keratosis
Showing 5 of 27
So, I am a 35 year old woman who has, admittedly spent too much time in the sun. I went to Dr. Koranda's office for a strange mark on opening of the inner canal of my ear. The office staff was friend-ish, however, Dr. Koranda himself was awful. Again, I am tan and have too many freckles, but I have never had a doctor talk to me that way before, "you look terrible," "you're 35 and you like like that..." on and on, finally his nurse brushed him off. He did finally remove the area in question (at my insistence) to be sent off for a biopsy. Twenty days later (after two unanswered inquisitions) I got an email today at 3:50 stating I needed to talk to a nurse about my results. Call the nurse line at 3:53 to hear "calls after 3:30 will be returned the next day." That makes sense. No matter what my results are, I will not be returning to this office again.
Well, I'm not going to trust this website now, because this listing is totally bogus. I have never met or been seen by Dr. Frank Koranda, but I know this picture is of my OB/GYN, Dr. Michael Magee. I have been going to him for more than 20 years, and I would not mistake him anywhere. He delivered my son, and is an excellent doctor, and I find it reprehensible that some website is trying to use his image to pump up some bogus doctor.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Koranda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Frank C Koranda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frank C Koranda in this video.
Dr. Frank C Koranda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.