Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Frank E Michener has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 24
I like the Doctor, very personable and concerned. Listened to my concerns and thats hard to find. However, the reason they only received 3 stars was because of the receptionist, not sure if she's the office manager but very rude over the phone and in person. She has made me so turned off to this office. Too bad I will be going back to see the doctor and will have to deal with her.
I would highly recommend Dr. Michener to any prospective patient needing his medical services -- he has been truly exceptional and outstanding in terms of the excellent and very helpful treatment plans and professional medical advice that he has provided. Dr. Michener has a very caring, compassionate, and professional bedside manner as a medical provider, and his guidance and treatments have been invaluable in helping me improve my medical condition and outlook, especially where other similar doctors I have seen have really let me down in the past. I gave a 5-star recommendation across-the-board for all the available categories, since he is definitely one of the best of the very best in his field, in my humble opinion and experience with him as my doctor.
I highly recommend him.These negative people probably find something wrong with everybody None of their accusations is true.I don't know what I would do if I couldn't see Dr.Michener.I am 58 years and have seen several psychiatrists since I was 20.Dr.Michener is the most caring doctor I have seen God bless him.
Dr. Michener treated my children and me for ADD many years. He is an excellent doctor with a warm, caring manner. I never had a problem getting call backs. I never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes to see him. I would recommend him highly to anyone seeking expert advice on ADD , specifically and other related conditions as well.
Dr. Michener is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
53 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Frank E Michener accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChapman & Michener Mds, 2059 Huntington Ave Ste 108, Alexandria, VA
Dr. Frank E Michener is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.