Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Fred L Jacobs
Dr. Fred L Jacobs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elmhurst, IL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Jacobs is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital, MetroSouth Medical Center and Northwestern Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Fred L Jacobs has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Fred L Jacobs has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Fred L Jacobs has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Fred L Jacobs is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 3
I went into the immediate care center because I had been sick for some time. I waited for an hour and a half for Dr. Jacobs to say, "Its an upper respiratory infection and there is nothing I can do and to take Tylenol." Then I was discharged. I felt like I was degraded and he treated me as if I was wasting his time. That same day I went to another doctor in the same building who told me it was bronchitis and could possibly be walking pneumonia. He ordered a chest X-Ray on me. I was given Robitussin with Codeine and an inhaler for my breathing. Not only was this doctor ignorant but he misdiagnosed me. A mother of two does not have time to be misdiagnosed. Many calls were put into management at the Elmhurst Care Center. I would refrain from seeing this doctor all around.
Dr. Jacobs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Chicago Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsElmhurst Memorial Hospital Main Campus, 155 E Brush Hill Rd, Elmhurst, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fred L Jacobs, MD - Emergency Medicine in Elmhurst, IL, in this video.
Dr. Fred L Jacobs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, IL.