Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frederick Mansfield
Dr. Frederick Mansfield, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Mansfield is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Frederick Mansfield has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I have had 2 lower back surgeries performed b Dr. Mansfield. My last was 1996. I am a mover and perform my job daily with little to no lower back pain. I was laid up for 6 years prior to seeing Dr. Mansfield. I saw numerous neuro and orthopedic surgeons prior to Dr. Mansfield. None of them were as knowledgeable or as optimistic as Dr. Mansfield. I have referred my father to Dr. Mansfield and wouldn't hesitate to refer my 3 children to him. If I ever need an Ortho again, Dr. Mansfield is the Dr. I will see.
Dr. Mansfield has been my orthopedic doctor for well over 15 years. I have a condition called degenerative bone disease. Having been seen by other orthopedic doctors, Dr. Mansfield, by far, has treated me with more respect and compassion than any other!! We go over every test result together,making sure I understand what is happening and deciding on the next type of treatment. He is not one to push surgery first. After my surgery, he explains every step that will follow.He has the best bedside manner ever and the most wonderful sense of humor that put me completely at ease but always being very professional.
Dr. Mansfield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Massachusetts General Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
New England Baptist Hospital
Cambridge Public Hlth Commission The
Cambridge Hospital - Out Pt
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
Cambridge Health Alliance: Cambridge
New England Baptist Hospital, Roxbury Xing, Ma
Mass General Hospital
37 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Frederick Mansfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Association Inc, 0 Emerson Pl, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick Mansfield in this video.
Dr. Frederick Mansfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.