Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Frederick R Silfen
Dr. Frederick R Silfen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boca Raton, FL. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Silfen is affiliated with Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Dr. Silfen has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Frederick R Silfen has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Frederick R Silfen has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Breast Exam
Dr. Frederick R Silfen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Frederick R Silfen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 55
Dr. Silfen and his team are the upmost professional and compassionate group. Dr. Silfen is an excellent medical professional and his nurses and office staff are amazing! Not only do they offer incredible medical care, they are supportive and always accessible. Dr. Silfen treated me throughout a complicated pregnancy and I have a healthy, beautiful daughter because of him.
I feel like I was taken advantage of. Ive gone to this doctor for years and trusted him very much. I always just did what he said without getting a second opinion. Later I realized that I had a lot of procedures and treatments done that were very aggressive and some unnecessary. The last time I was pregnant within the first month, he had me in there 6 times and for 2 ultrasounds, even though it was a normal pregnancy with no issues. After I told him I had been for genetic testing and had the results and was totally clear, he still insisted on running all the panels again. It is my feeling that this doc is all about the billings, not about the patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Silfen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Frederick R Silfen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrederick R Silfen Md Llc, 1000 NW 9th Ct Ste 103, Boca Raton, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Frederick R Silfen in this video.
Dr. Frederick R Silfen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boca Raton, FL.