Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Fredric Harris
Dr. Fredric Harris, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Surgical Oncology and General Surgery. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital, White Plains Hospital Medical Center and Mt Sinai Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Fredric Harris has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Fredric Harris has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Fredric Harris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Fredric Harris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
saw Dr. Harris via the ER at White Plains Hospital where he removed removed my gallbladder. He took time to explain what was wrong, what was happening , what my options were and made recommendations. The procedure went well and considering it was an ER visit I am very pleased.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lenox Hill Hospital
White Plains Hospital Medical Center
Mt Sinai Hospital
37 Years Experience
University Of Paris
Graduated in 1976
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Fredric Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
Locations & DirectionsNew York General Surgery PLLC, 1160 5th Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Fredric Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.