Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gaetano V Bello has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
This is the only review I have ever written -- about anything. I was looking at the other on-line reviews of Dr.Bello, who injured me (irreversibly) because I was curious whether it was just me, or whether others had a bad experience. Since my experience with Dr. Bello does not appear to be a fluke, I am posting this comment, with much sadness. I can first ratify the comments of supporters: Dr.Bello appears to be a nice and caring man. I always thought he was, and it therefor breaks my heart to write this. I cannot recommend that anyone undergo Dr. Bello's care. Appearing as a nice person does not make one a competent or caring doctor. For those who don't need a doctor, because they have no GYN issues or because they can deliver a baby without a doctor even present, Dr. Bello's lack of care or skill may never be apparent. But for anyone of the rest of us who expect a doctor to be concerned about their well-being, to thoughtfully recommend a course of action, or to competently perform a surgery, look elsewhere. Otherwise you may end up like me - - having paid his excessive fees (not even reimbursed by a "cadillac" health insurance plan) while spending the rest of your life regretting you ever met the man. The fact that his wife is involve in the practice now is telling.
Dr Bello, extremely learned in his field, and self-disciplined in keeping professionally current, has the compassion and dedication of an "old-school" physician, caring for the whole patient, not a series of organ systems. He is the best; and after 43 years of nursing practice, I know "good!" when I see it.
While Dr. Bello is a mainstay of New York's high society and the City's finest medical institutions, including Mt. Sinai, he is the only doctor for my family, many friends and others would trust over all others. His medical judgement and interventions have been life saving in several cases. True to the ancient Greek Hippocratic Oath and physician who inspired it, Dr. Bello extends his personable nature and good humor to show what the profession can be at its best to all levels of society.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2008, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bello is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1981
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Gaetano V Bello accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGaetano Vincent Bello Md, 18 E 77th St Ofc 1B, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gaetano V Bello in this video.
Dr. Gaetano V Bello is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.